Location: London, United Kingdom
This one-day workshop will be co-lead by STERIS Senior Technical Service Manager Jim Polarine. It will feature topics such as:
- Survey of rapid microbial methods
- Operating principles
- Pros and cons of traditional microbial quality control methods
- Practical aspects of implementation, validation and regulatory considerations
- Risk-based cleaning and disinfection programs
- Best-practices in the industry to control bioburden in cleanroom operations, disinfectant validation and residue removal
More about Jim Polarine:
Jim Polarine is a senior technical service manager at STERIS Corporation. He has been with STERIS Corporation for seventeen years. His current technical focus is microbial control in cleanrooms and other critical environments. He has lectured in North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Latin America on issues related to cleaning and disinfection in cleanrooms. Mr. Polarine is a frequent industry speaker and published several PDA book chapters and articles related to cleaning and disinfection and contamination control. He is active as co-chair on the PDA’s microbial investigations task force. Mr. Polarine graduated from the University of Illinois with a Master of Arts in Biology. He previously worked as a clinical research coordinator with the Department of Veterans Affairs in St. Louis, MO and as a biology and microbiology instructor at the University of Illinois. His main hobby is storm chasing and is very active in tornado research and tornado safety.
Interested in attending the Pharmaceutical Microbiology UK Conference two days before? Learn more.